Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

A Time to Die

I just finished a great book called A Time to Die by Lurlene McDaniel.  I've read a couple books by her and she is an amazing author.  Most of her books end sad though, like this one does, as you can probably tell by the title.  But I really enjoyed it very much!  Here's the summary:

Sixteen-year-old Kara Fischer has never considered herself lucky.  She doesn't understand why she was born with cystic fibrosis.  Despite her daily treatments, each day poses the threat of a lung infection that could put her in the hospital for weeks.  But her close friendship with her fellow cystic fibrosis patient, Vince, and the new feelings she is quickly developing for Eric give her the hope to live one day at a time.
When an anonymous benefactor promises to grant a single wish with no strings attached, Kara finds a way to let the people who have loved and supported her throughout her illness know how much they mean to her.  But will there be time for Kara to see her dying wish fulfilled?

This book was really good, it was a very passionate book that showed the courage of a young girl to keep living every day to it's fullest.  It almost made me cry because I got so close to the characters, it always felt like I was right there with them.  I really loved this book and I would highly recommend it!


Thanks
-Alyssa :)

2 comments:

  1. Things do not always end happily in life so I am impressed that you can read stories that may have a sad or bittersweet ending. Now go read a comedy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it sounds like a great read. Thank you for sharing, Alyssa! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete