Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Fellowship of The Ring

I've wanted to read The Lord of The Rings my whole life.  OK, maybe not my whole life but I've wanted to read it for a while.  A couple months ago I finished reading the first book to The LOTR(Lord of the Rings) which is The Hobbit.  I was really hooked on The Hobbit I could barely put it down!  That's exactly why I decided to read The Fellowship of The Ring!!  This is a story about a young hobbit named Frodo who longs for adventure.  He has set out on a journey with three friends, Pippin, Merry and Sam.  He also is carrying around something that his uncle (Bilbo) gave him.  A magic ring that disappears when you slip it on your finger.  But their are many precautions you have to take when you wear the ring.  First if you wear the ring too much you get hooked or addicted to it like Gollum (some weird slimy creature) and YOU could turn invisible if you wear it all the time.  On Frodo's journey he has to be on alert of Trolls, wolves, and black riders.  These are dark scary hooded figures who are after the ring to get it back to their master Sauron, (The Dark Lord) who created the ring, but put horrible, frightening powers in it.  So Frodo tries to keep the ring safe so none of the black riders take it from him.  This is a great book so far, I'm not quite done with it yet but I'm pretty close.  I recommend this book to anyone who loves fantasy and loves adventures.  Please comment!

Thanks you
Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. From reading your summary so far I am remembering some of the story from when I read it many moons ago in Wisconsin far away....Keep going with your reports. I like reading them.

    GM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete